Guide to information
As a public authority, we are required to:
- publish the classes of information that we make routinely available
- tell you how you can access this information and what it might cost
Read our full guide to information
We have adopted the Model Publication Scheme, produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. You can see this scheme at www.itspublicknowledge.info/mps.
The publication scheme lists:
- the classes of information which FSS publishes or intends to publish
- the manner in which information within each class is, or is intended to be published
- whether the material is, or is intended to be available free of charge or on payment.
We have produced a Guide to Information which:
- allows you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- states what charges may be applied
- explains how you can find the information easily
- provides contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information
- explains how to request information we hold that has not been published.
The information we publish through the model scheme is, wherever possible, available on our website. The website front page guides readers to food topics.
If you would like to access information not published under the scheme, you can still request it from us under FOISA or, in the case of environmental information, the EIRs. For further information on accessing information we do not publish, see Making a request for information.